Saturday, February 14, 2009

Once an Enemy

Getting inspired was easy,
But to stay focused was difficult,
Nothing was impossible,
When I always thought of you.

Time and again u changed my nappies,
But with a sweet smile on ur face.
Never did u complain about it,
Nor was I bothered about your cribbing.

U held me close when I felt cold,
U took my hand when I wanted to walk,
U helped with words when I talked,
U gave everything u had the best.

We have had bitter times,
Quarrelling over petty things,
Those things left a sour taste,
But it brought us more closer.

Hatred was there in me deep inside,
But everything ends on a given day,
Feeling sorry for what I did,
I never bothered apologizing.

But still u stood by me,
For whatever I was capable of.
Just becoz I was ur flesh and blood,
That’s a sign of a great father.

Now times have changed,
Your grey hair has sprouted,
And when you require a hand,
That would be mine.

I would be guilty, if I say,
My thoughts are never about u,
I don’t forget certain people soon,
Coz u were Once an Enemy

Love u daddy!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Anand Ganesh said...

Once again u showed ur brilliance ... This is ur masterpiece ...

February 14, 2009 at 4:45:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey simply superb da..this reminds my dad...

February 17, 2009 at 9:11:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger damodarakkannan a said...

machan, touching da

February 18, 2009 at 6:36:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger black_princess said...

thats really sweet

February 19, 2009 at 4:25:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey super da.. really gud.. the last line iz really gud.. u alwaz make th last 2 - 3 linez the 'punch' linez of ur poemz.. datz really nice abt ur work..
'dadz r alwaz special'.. wish evn i cud write sumtin lyk diz nd make my dad feel gud!! :-)

February 23, 2009 at 12:43:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is soooo gud my son....and am so happy to see the way u exhibit ur luv and affection to ur dad...normally pple will understand the luv of home only in the absence of ur being with them...bravo...keeep on going.

February 24, 2009 at 12:48:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hai sai,
itz marvellous..seriously u rock.it showa the pure affection u got for ur dad.it ofcourse, reminds about my dad too..may be ur missing him n may be u can spend much times wit him...but t poem wuz seriously awesome...rathna..

March 26, 2009 at 11:34:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger che sara sara said...

awesome ode to dad!

March 29, 2009 at 9:16:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger koushikusmaximus said...

Machan nice one da. Liked the last few lines esp but overall was great

April 16, 2009 at 11:05:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home